Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is C Language?
Thumbs Up 
C is a general-purpose programming language. It has been closely associated with the UNIX system where it was developed, since both the system and most of the programs that run on it are written in C. The language, however,is not tied to anyone operating system or machine; and although it has been called a "system programming language" because it is useful for writing compilers and operating systems, it has been used equally well to write major programs in many different domains.
Many of the important ideas of C stem from the language BCPL, developed by Martin Richards. C provides the fundamental control-flow constructions required for well structured programs: statement grouping, decision making (if-else), selecting one of a set of possible cases (switch), looping with the termination test at the top (while, for) or at the bottom (do),and early loop exit (break). C is a relatively "low level" language.
As a hobby-programmer i have maybe not the right view, but I think the language of the farer? future is still not there .
My dream since a long time, is a new programming language, self-optimizing, self-organizing, self-simplifying .And i think newLISP is the first step to it.